Friday, August 28, 2009

Day 14: A Very Brady Bedroom


After several attempts of pleading and cajoling, and threats of cessation of TV privileges, World War III was still being waged in my girls bedroom. The reason for the conflict? Who should be responsible for picking up all the crap, I mean clutter on the floor. I mean, one can't just be picking up messes made by one's sister can they? In an attempt to maintain/restore harmony in the home, I drew a mediating line down the middle of the girls' room with electrical tape. Now each is responsible for whatever falls on their side of the black line. Fulghi says: "when did you go all Brady Bunch on the girls?" Ahhh, 1970's cultural reference. Then Fulghi said, " and why haven't they figured out that they can just throw their stuff on the other sister's side?" Ahh, yes, sage Fulghi. They have not figured this out because at least for the time being, I am still smarter than they are.
At least for now.

Tonight I am tired. This has been a long week, and I am still suffering the aftermath of my free-style session. So for tonight, all I could bust out was a Peach Crisp. It was supposed to be Peach and Raspberry Crisp (pg. 190,) but since I HATE raspberries - it's a no go. Sorry Mother, there is no amount of cajoling that will lure me to put a raspberry in my mouth. No way, no how. Blueberries, blackberries, olallieberries, strawberries, any berry you can name I will eat, but not the dreaded raspberry. Of course this all changes when I am pregnant. Then I stand over the sink, feverishly shoving raspberries down my gullet at a lightning pace. So, as far as I am concerned any day without a raspberry, is a good day.

Cobbler ready for the oven. Again, so tired I forgot to take a picture of the finished product.

I was even too tired to make a proper dinner. So french toast is on the menu.
In The Trophy Wife's Defense: she did use homemade bread...


The Trophy Wife's Friday-Night French Toast
1 Loaf Bread of your choice
8 eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup sugar or cinnamon sugar
1-2 tsp cinnamon (depends on your taste)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt

Combine ingredients in a shallow dish. Dredge slices of bread in egg mixture and fry in a skillet/griddle coated with butter until golden on each side, and egg has cooked in the middle of the bread. Top with butter, powdered sugar, and maple syrup. Serve on days when you've just had enough.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm....your French toast sounds decadent. But how have I known you for this many years and not known that you hate raspberries with such fervor? I'd call you wack-o but I feel the exact same way about one and only one food in this world. Eggs. I can spot a hard-boiled egg in any dish from a mile away and avoid like the plague. Your mom tried to cure me of my egg issues once but it didn't take.

    (Ina feels the same way...not many eggs in her books. Not so about raspberries. She likes me better).

    Way to go with the tape, Marcia!
    N.

    ReplyDelete