Friday, August 14, 2009

Day 1: In which no good deed goes unpunished.

Homemade Lemonade by Ina Garten:


So, today I began the experiment! I decided to take baby steps and start with what at first seemed harmless. At the beginning of The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook, Ina has a recipe for lemonade which looked refreshing, summer-appropriate, and fun. So I juiced my lemons, added the rest of ingredients in to the blender, and tried to follow directions as closely as I am humanly capable. I did spill some lemonade out of the top of the blender when things got whirring, however this was easily cleaned up. No harm done. Yet. I then poured two frosty glasses of lemonade for my girls which they were to consume on the porch. My youngest daughter Ryan decided to take hers inside, and somehow managed to spill all that frothy, frosty, lemony goodness all over the computer keyboard. Instant keyboard death. Good times. But other than that, the lemonade was fabulous, and as advertised!

Note: I should have known that things might not be going my way today when the checker at the grocery store exclaimed: "I didn't know you were pregnant again!" To which I responded: "only with a fat-baby." Seriously, didn't her mother ever teach her anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment